Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's Christmas Time... with a Challenge

We're home! We had fun in UT with our Nanna and Gunka. Besides playing in the snow, we helped get things ready for our Thanksgiving feast...

DSC_2408

Isn't Cason a cute chef!

DSC_2420

Ty got to go skiing for the first time with his Dad. Two adreniline junkies.

DSC_2433

We soaked in all the Christmas festivities in SLC, like the lights at temple square, a teddy bear village...

DSC_2428

Saw some awesome ginger bread houses...

DSC_2400 DSC_2401
And we attempted some ginger bread houses of our own. Oh and I saw some GREAT movies... one was a little flick about hot vampires and the other was Blind Side. SO GOOD!

But now we're back, back to naps (halleluah), back to school, back to friends (I've missed ya), back home... which I can't wait to cover in Christmas decor!

And time to begin my Christmas challenge. It's a great idea I read about. You start on December 1st and read St Luke ch 1. Everyday for the whole month you read a chapter a day in Luke. You will finish the last chapter on December 24th. You will have read the entire book, the entire life of our Savior, from birth to resurrection. What a great way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I think I'll try to summarize each chapter the next morning for my kids. I'm excited! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love that idea and I am doing it! Lets chat about it! :)