Friday, May 20, 2011

Catch Up

This here blog fills many purposes for me... keeping far away relatives current on the kiddos, Bachelor fan bonding, sharing of mothering ideas but most importantly journaling. For years I have made a family yearbook at the end of each year, full of pictures and stories. Once I started blogging, those yearbooks got so much easier to do because I could just cut and paste everything from the blog. So excuse this catch up post. It's lots of randoms that I never posted about from the last month.

DSC_0398

Hello Easter! We of course did the traditional egg dying. Every year we get more skilled and break less eggs. Actually this year we intentionally broke a couple for our "Dinosaur eggs" which turned out pretty darn cool.

DSC_0390

Brans decided he wanted to use rubber bands on his.

DSC_0396

And Ty just loved the stickers. Thank goodness we're big hard boiled egg fans. They were all consumed within minutes the next day.

DSC_0413

Then there was our cool Auntie Karen's Easter party. She is my kids great aunt and we all love her. She's so much fun. She had all sorts of fun stuff planned. The kids decorated easter surprise cupcakes.

DSC_0417

See the yummy surprise? A hidden oreo cookies baked right in! Yum! Darling Stewart did more eating than decorating :)

DSC_0419

There was also a Duck Duck Goose game and spring Bingo. The candy was plentiful!

DSC_0431

And of course the egg hunt. More candy. No surprise that my kids weren't too interested in the DELICIOUS dinner afterwards. My kids had a great time and I had a great time (cuz my kids were having a great time and I could actually sit and socialize!)

DSC_0440

The Stew-man, finding his eggs.

DSC_0432

I just don't tire of the backdrop in UT! I hope I never stop seeing it.

DSC_0453

Of course we had our own egg hunt at our house too. Heavens! How much sugar does one kid need!

DSC_0459

But it was a good excuse to get Uncle Chaddy and Aunt Missy and Auntie Chelle up to the house. They were here for all the Easter festivities (egg hunt, watching Bryan and I give talks in Sacrament meeting, and Easter dinner). I just love this pic cuz Auntie Chelle is Tessa's biggest fan. My kids are so lucky to be so loved.

DSC_0160

And now that Easter is over and spring is here we've had lots of other things going on. Ty had a big kindergarten opera performance. He was a Cheetah with his best kindergarten buddies.

DSC_0678

Ty and Brans have been doing spring soccer. Remind me to a) take a picture of Brans playing soccer and b) never to do spring soccer again. Too cold (watched one game sitting on the sidelines while it snowed) and too rainy (half of the games have been cancelled).

DSC_0565

This picture just makes me laugh. Brans is VERY into super heroes and always wants to know how he can get stronger. We've talked a lot about how good food makes our bodies strong and Brans will eat just about anything that will help him get strong. So it is common to see him snacking on spinach or requesting some steamed broccoli. Funny kid.

DSC_0608

For Mother's day we got Bryan's siblings together for a family picture for his mom. This picture makes me smile because a) you can't see my braces too much b) Cason is holding his orange he was eating (like I was going to take that away and have him crying in the picture) c) Ty refused to smile even when bribed d) Tessa is, in her "I'm always adorable" way, holding Kort's paw and he doesn't seem to mind at all.

DSC_0539

Bryan and I went to a Fundraising Gala for the school district where the was a silent auction for all sorts of seriously awesome stuff. And out of it all, the one thing we came home with was a BYU basketball, signed by the whole team and yes, JIMMER himself. According to my husband it was worth every penny. And after seeing this picture I knew for sure I was ready to go lighter at my next hair appointment.

DSC_0866

And so I did. And I love it. My hairdresser used a technique called "melting" and it's awesome. Don't mind how grumpy I look. I swear I'm not going for some pouty sexy look.... just covering the braces.

DSC_0876
Ty said I look like a rockstar with my new hair color. So now at least my dorky braces are balanced out by rockin' hair.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

SO cute! LOVE the hair! You look like a hot mama!!!

Megan said...

LOVE the hair!! I may have to call around to see who can "melt" my hair!