Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm Sorry Oprah....


But I'm done DVRing you. I've DVRed your shows for a while now, it's been nice to have you stored in the memory for a night when there's nothin' to watch and no hubby to talk to. I've enjoyed health tips from Dr Oz, money advice from Suzie, and decor tips from the cute curly haired guy. BUT!!! Lately I've been a bit upset with you. You're promoting too many things FAR from what I believe to be right and true. I don't want your voice in my head anymore. I only want voices that uplift and bring truth and more of the Spirit into my life. So long old friend.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously have a post about Oprah, but don't know if I'll publish it or not. It's mostly just rambling thoughts. But after yesterday's episode I really couldn't justify seeing her point of view at all. Good to know I'm not the only one!

Phil and Holly said...

Way to go Kristen! -Phil

Whitney said...

Seriously, I never watch her anymore but I started watching her show last week and WOW... she is over the line! No more Oprah for me either!

~Jen~ said...

I dvr her too. But honestly the last few weeks..maybe even since Christmas (time goes too fast) I've barely watched her b/c I haven't been interested in them.

Christine said...

I totally agree with you!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

Mike and I were just talking about this, we too decided to not watch anymore!

Lisa said...

I also have had a ban the last few months--I'm seriously concerned about those that see her views as gospel...Yes, she's philanthropic, and bless her for that. However, she doesn't get my support anymore. But, oh, I'll miss Nate....

Jeri said...

Welcome to the dark side. I have been anti-oprah for some time. There is a personal story why that I will not share, but I find her offensive on many levels. Her charity is great, but too many people worship her. I think we are told to beware of false Gods...hmmmm.