Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Evolution of Me

Well this is for Megan, who has requested to see the high school version of myself...perm and all.

006 002

Oh stop laughing...perms were really "in" back then (and so were the mile high bangs). And no, I am not the girl in the classmates.com ads , though even I have to admit it looks a ton like me! These pics were Freshman and Sophmore I think (before someone introduced me to tweezers).

001 003

Yes, I was a cheerleader...would you have guessed it? And what do you think, should I hide the pics of me in the short skirts from my children? I guess I needed a few more modesty lessons.

005 007

When I went off to college I let the perm grow out and chopped my hair. So this is what I look like with short hair. Sometimes I want to cut my hair (like when I see how stinkin' cute Bekah's hair is), but I think my husband would cry.

004 008

End of college, with my best friends, hair grown back out. Miss those gals. And the other pic, taken a week before I met my hubby (Sweetheart, ignore the guy next to me...he meant nothing :) you beat him out).

IMG_4816
And now we're to the present. Thanks Leah for the pic, I'm hardly ever in front of the camera. The evolution of me. Now, how about you all, I'd love to see YOUR high school pics!! I know one of you had blue hair....come on, I dare you!!

12 comments:

~Jen~ said...

This was so fun! And I have to admit, I did laugh. BUT I may just take your challenge and copy your idea.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last picture of you. I also love that you're holding your camera in it.

Megan said...

Some of us don't have pictures of our "BEST HAIR" days. Sorry!
I may have to dig out some pictures, but I can promise I don't have one with blue hair.

Tara Rickards said...

Kristen! Those pictures brought back some fun memories! You have always been beautiful, but I think you get more beautiful as the years go by! That was a fun post!

Janeal said...

Kristen,
That was a fun post. But I was shocked to see the big curly hair on you because you are so much younger than me and lived in California so why did you have big curly hair? I had the big curly hair all through high school and lived in Utah where we were ten years behind California. What a fun post to see all the old hairstyles. You look great today. Love the current hair-do!

Lisa said...

It's really not fair that you just get more and more beautiful with each year...seriously.

I fondly remember you with the perm. I always thought it was natural at the time. Probably because I never saw you without one!

What a fun post! Maybe I'll try one.

Maybe.

The Gray Family said...

I admit, I have always been jealous of your hair, because it ALWAYS looks perfect! You AND your sisters! Good thing Amy is having a girl so that hair can finally get passed on, huh? And yes, I think of you EVERY TIME I see that classmates picture. I wonder if that person looks as much like you now???

The Wright Fam said...

Love it!!!!! I must say you have 'evolved' fabulously!!! If only the rest of us were so lucky! I wish I had some old pics here on OK to show off my perm days too (I looked more like "Mufasa" than "michelle". And yes, Mufasa would refer to the Lion King...imagine me with a poofy red 'mane'...it was be scary!)

Danielle said...

I think I might have the blue haired pic....somewhere

Love the Time Line! I might also have to take you up on the challenge. It would be fun to pull out the old pictures! I was such a geek. Still am, just older.

Btw, you age wonderfully! I'm Jealous!

Bekah said...

I didn't have blue hair...pink, but not blue. And I'm not kidding....what a weird teenager I was....

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

All I could think about with those high school pics is Ty!! He is definately his mother's son. Fun post, makes me want to get out my old college pics.

Nicole said...

Oh Kristen! I am such a nerd! But I love seeing that pic of all of us. Those WERE good times. The best memories ever. And hmmm....not sure if I should post the evolution of me because I'm still a Neanderthal. Not much evolving going on unfortuantely.

Waggoner Family said...

LOVE this! You are beautiful...always have been!